Twin Peaks -Experimental Film

In class we viewed a few minutes of an experimental film sequence of the show Twin Peaks. The sequence was very eye-catching and held my attention throughout its entirety. The use of the bomb as a gateway to the rest of the film was very interesting to me , because usually bombs destroy everything and end life as some know it but instead it was just the start of everything and created something instead of destroying it.The most interesting part to me was the images of the body being born , or what looked like a full size body being born because it really made me think and contemplate what I thought it meant and I never realized how shows never really made me think before.  The visuals after the explosion were all very open to interpretation which I thought was really cool because it allowed discussion about the show to happen later, like what the body floating meant or what the red and orange fusions were. I never knew about the show twin peaks but from the visuals of the bomb and the images that followed it, they definitely gained a viewer. 





Comments

Popular Posts